Wednesday 7 August 2013

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain Review

Hi my lovelies, its been SO long! I can only apologize.. but I am back once again with another blog amazing post for you and this time it is a beauty related one. I realized I had done a couple of fashion related ones so it was only right for me to get a beauty one up too! Anyway...I was in Superdrug today, popped into to get ONE thing and like always I end up coming out with 20 billion other things! I had heard a lot of raves about the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains for a while... but today I saw them, and they were on offer 2 for £10 so that justifies it for me..haha! These balms are priced at £7.99 each, which for a drugstore product is not EXACTLY cheap but it reasonable considering that Revlon would be placed at the higher end of the drugstore market products. These lip products can be purchased from any drugstore in the UK such as Superdrug or Boots. They are also available worldwide so you shouldn't really have a problem getting hold of one! 
 
These balm stains come in 12 shades ranging from a beige-ish nude shade to a deep burgundy red. The colours I picked up were '020 Lovesick Passionnee' which is a beautiful deep fuchsia colour and '040 Rendezvous Rendez-vous' which is bright orange. These lip products as the name suggests are a creamy balm texture which stain the lips without drying them out. Considering they are meant to be more of a lip-balm type product the colour payoff is amazing and I would say comparable to a glossy lipstick! They are extremely pigmented and stain the lips with a 'just bitten' look - just like the product claims. Once it is on the lips, there is a slight glossy sheen which eventually wears off and leaves behind a matte stain. They are retractable crayon-esque pencils which saves the hassle of having to sharpen them. The only one thing I dislike about this product is the smell. It is a strong peppermint smell which I find to be slightly overpowering, for me personally. They feel smooth and glide on the lips easily and the colour can be built up to your preference.   
 
                                                 
 
 
                                     
 
                                     
                                                   '040 Rendezvous Rendez - vous'
 
                                         
                                                      -'020 Lovesick Passionee'
 
                                           
 
 
 
 

Higher - end comparable Products -

YSL Rouge Volupte Shine - The look and finish of these balm stains remind me of the YSL Rouge Volupe Shine. They are glossy without being overly shimmery or tacky and leave a soft shine over the lips. Where the YSL lipsticks would cost you 3 times the price for one, these balm stains are giving you the same look without burning a whole in your pocket!

Clinique Chubby Sticks - Any one in the beauty world would compare these two products alike because of the similar packaging, some of the shades in the Revlon collection are also very much like what Clinique have for their Chubby Sticks. Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable would be the perfect dupe if you are wanting a product that does exactly what the higher end one does. My only personal critique of the Clinique Chubby Sticks are that they do not have as much colour pay off or pigmentation as Revlon. Also, it seems that the Chubby Sticks tend to wear off much quicker and require a few touch ups whereas the Just Bitten Kissable, because they are stains will require less hassle to keep reapplying throughout the day.

Overall -
Pros -
* Glossy
*Pigmented
*Long - lasting/ great staying power
*Excellent colour pay off
*Delivers exactly what it claims
*Great dupe for higher end products like the Clinique Chubby Sticks - I would even say Revlon's are a lot better!
* Reasonably priced
* Easy to use packaging - retractable - no need to sharpen
 
Cons -
*Strong peppermint smell
 
Rating out of 10 - 9/10 - Definitely worth the purchase
 
I hope you have enjoyed this instalment on Fashion and Beauty Classics. Thank you as always for taking the time out to come by and read my posts. If you have any comments, thoughts, suggestions, ideas or requests, please leave them below this post. I will be sure to get back to you as soon as possible.
 
DISCLAIMER: All products featured are purchased with my own money. All comments and opinions are my own, none of which are influenced or affiliated with any other persons or companies. All pictures in this post are taken by me and I have the rights to these photos.
 
Much love,
 
B x
  
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I purchased a Clinique Chubby Stick in Megamelon straight after the launch. As you mentioned, which I completely agree, that the pigmentation of the Clinique one isn't fantastic and it isn't worth the price. I have only used it a few times and I already put it aside, because I have discovered something even better than that, which is the Chanel Coco Rouge Shine. You should check it out! :)
    Thanks for the great review! xx

    ReplyDelete