Tuesday 19 March 2013

Favourite Jacket of the Month & some Military Trend styling tips!


Hi guys, just a real quick one for today. I just wanted to share with you, a jacket that I have absolutely been loving lately. It’s so on trend for S/S ’13 and I think it definitely is an investment piece for the future as the military style never dates and is more likely to come back on the runway for future seasons in one form or the other.

Its super duper comfy to wear and I love the colour for summer, for me the colour of this jacket works around a lot of what I have already in my wardrobe.

Peplum has carried over from the A/W ’12; however, it has been reworked for the current season with a much more softer edge. Where in A/W ’12, we had seen quite exaggerated peplum frills from tops to dresses and even some jackets, S/S ’13 trends have updated the peplum with a less sharper finish and avoided the 3-D design as seen previously. On this particular jacket, the peplum adds back the femininity to a very structured jacket, because it is only focused on the very outer sides of the jacket, sitting just on the waist. Again, faux leather and contrast sleeves were huge last season, but have a more modern feel with the quilting on the sleeves being focused on the top parts of the arms and the silver zip detailing on the outer part of near the wrist.
 

Military Jacket Styling Tips

·         Easy to wear with jeans or alternatively, if you want to edge it up slightly, a plain black maxi will give this jacket a more informal laid back and casual look.

·         Some may think that the khaki colour is hard to work around, however it looks great with coated black leather jeans – gives a more smart appearance, or dark blue skinnies, again if you want a more causal day outfit.

·         A bandage knit skirt, smart pointed high heels and opaque’s, with the jacket buttoned up can be pulled off if you feel daring for a day at the office. Thick black tights will keep it looking professional.

·         In the summer, pair a military jacket with big shades and a fedora hat for a safari – esque feel.

·         Khaki green works really well with animal print, so pop a animal printed scarf around your neck – to channel your inner feline

·         Wear with tan wedges on a summers day or black patent courts in the winter

·         Layering with hoodies underneath – can work well if want an extremely easy to wear look, and the military jacket will pull everything together, making you look well put together and like you’ve made a lot of effort, even if you may not have!

These are just some suggestions for the ways in which a military jacket can be worn, but there is plenty more. Modern fashion is about imagination! Don’t be afraid to use it. Be yourself and set your own style and trend. Everyone is different, so stay true to who you are and what you love.

These are just some of my styling ideas. This does not necessarily mean I myself would wear them exactly in this way, however some of these things might work for one person and not for another. Alternatively I hope that there is something there for everyone. I am by no means saying that this is the way it HAS to be done, all I hope is that I have been able to provide you with some inspiration and help for you to carry the military trend through the next couple of seasons!!

As always, I hope you’ve liked this post. If you have any comments, suggestions, thoughts or requests, please free to leave them down below. I thank you all for taking the time out to read my blog and I appreciate all your feedback!
P.S - My camera ran out of battery so I could only take one picture  - I shall upload close ups soon!

Much Love

B xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment